America Saves Week is coordinated by America Saves and the American Savings Education Council. Started in 2007, the Week is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status. Typically thousands of organizations participate in the Week, including Farmers and Merchants Bank, reaching millions of people.
The 2015 Annual National Survey Assessing Household Savings revealed across the board improvement in the past year.
- 71% are spending less than their income and saving the difference, up from 68% in 2014.
- 52% are savings at least 5% of their income, up from 47% in 2014.
- 40% are making good or excellent savings progress, up from 35% in 2014.
- 78% had no or were reducing their consumer debts, up from 76% in 2014.
- 66% have sufficient emergency savings, up from 65% in 2014.
With more societal encouragement and support, more Americans will be persuaded to Set a Goal. Make a Plan. Save Automatically. Stop by FMB today to see how we can help you to begin saving!